Misty Light

Misty Light
Acrylic; 16 x 12 inches

In Afghanistan

In Afghanistan
Acrylic, 20 x 20 inches

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

I Don't Know About All Those Social Networks


So here I am again, feeling like a curmudgeon. Why do I need Facebook, Twitter, or any of those places? If you are already my friend, I prefer private letters via email. Or a telephone call! If you are not my friend, you can find me by Googling my name.

I am told to go to those places to sell my paintings; but I feel like a hooker networking just for that. It takes endless time and skills I barely master to post on those places. And if I have to keep up with all those sites, where do I find time for what I really do?

And now comes a New York Times article that questions the effects on our brains from all that technology. I don't want to be a mechanical robot.

So, you ask, why are you on a blog?

Dunno!

3 comments:

  1. I do want to show you a site that I am proud to be included in, by Independent Artisans. I have a piece there. What I love is that these are artists who want to be responsible for presenting themselves.

    http://www.independentartisans.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eleanor. I just joined as a follower because I wanted to tell you that I feel the same way. I am finding that all of these places are cutting into my painting time. I only belong to Facebook and zibbet, artfire, artcolony, and ArtfullyKrafted. I was urged to start my own blog and I did but I feel like I am talking to myself most of the time. I was demonstrating painting miniature paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you feel that way Ellie. Makes me feel less old hat.

    I also want to tell about another group I show with, Boardwalk Artisans:

    http://www.boardwalkartisans.com/

    ReplyDelete